Firstline workers comprise over 2 billion employees including retail sales associates, hospitality staff, medical workers and teams on the manufacturing floor. Often, they are the first and only representation of your brand with your customers. To help transform and empower this workforce at a reasonable cost, Microsoft created the Office 365 F1 plan (a replacement to the K1 Kiosk plan).
The Office 365 F1 licensing plan offers an economically priced, light feature set for users that do not require the full range of cloud applications. Essentially, it was created for call centers, in-house sales reps, and deskless workers – users who are often working directly with clients but don’t want the additional cost of full versions of Office 365.
However, while the F1 licensing plan is attractively priced, it lacks several critical features that can impact productivity and customer service.
We get numerous calls every week from organizations that are bumping up against limitations of the F1 subscription and Outlook Web. These companies are looking to bridge the gap between browser-based email (Outlook Web) and desktop Outlook.
The obvious, but costly solution is to upgrade to Office 365 E1. However, the higher-level subscriptions come at a substantially higher total cost of ownership (licensing, management, support) — and that’s where organizations turn to Messageware OWA Desktop and Messageware ActiveSend to power up their O365 F1 Tenant.
5 F1 Challenges Easily Overcome with Messageware:
- New mail notifications are not seen: Firstline workers need to repeatedly connect to Outlook Web to check for new messages
- Appointment reminders are missed when Firstline workers are not signed in: Many workers rely on their calendar alerts to ensure they are aware of upcoming meetings
- Windows software, Line of Business / LoB applications, that include workflows with email attachments do not work with F1 Tenants (Outlook Web)
- Web portals, such as HR, vendor/supplier, and benefits portals, with email links do not work with F1 Tenants (Outlook Web)
- Firstline workers cannot send attachments from Microsoft Office applications like Word and Excel.
Contact us today to power up your F1 Tenant and make your Firstline workers more productive.